This is for the boys who get Skype shows. Do read it because it will most likely make your time more fun overall, both for you and for me. Especially for those fellow exhibitionists who like two way cam, but there’s tips here for the shy guys too! You don’t want to waste the time you have booked with technical problems – it’s unrealistic for you to expect a camgirl to act as your computer technician (that’s not our job!) and totally unrealistic to expect her to not take that out of your allotted time.
- Make sure you have the latest Skype updates. When you open Skype on your computer, click on Help at the top and you’ll see the option “Check for updates”. When you choose that you’ll be prompted to install any updates. Older Skype editions can have problems when there’s a newer version available, so this is important.
- Try to limit what else you have open on your computer while you’re in a Skype show. Especially important if you have an older machine, or if your internet connection isn’t the best. Most importantly close things that take up a lot of resources, eg. Itunes, games. Ideally, shut down everything else.
- If your internet connection is known to be unstable or limited, the best thing you can do is get closer to the router or connect an Ethernet cable between the router and your computer. This means less chance of us being disconnected.
Two way cam:
- I don’t expect you to have studio lighting and a great webcam! However…
- Try to be well lit! Good lighting helps even the shittiest webcam. Plus, you know, I’d quite like to be able to actually see you!
Two way audio:
- Sometimes during two way audio, we can experience feedback problems. I am yet to fully understand why this happens, but as it’s normally not a problem, and only happens with a few guys, I can only assume it’s something to do with their set up. It’s something to do with your mic picking up on your speakers and causes an unholy cycle of noise like cats screaming. I do not know how you can fix this. All we can do is for me to turn off the audio coming from you. So you’ll still be able to hear me, but you’ll need to type. Remember that if you are in the UK, I can phone you for free during the show. If you are not in the UK, you can call me through Adultwork.
That’s all that I can think of at the moment, but I might be back to edit this! As seeing as you made it this far, here’s another photo!